Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay iPHone13Pro - without asistaive touch

I have face id enabled, use it all the time. Am not able to use Apple Pay (the card is in the wallet) without Assistive touch popping up and that silly grey dot getting in the way of my screen choices and apps. I have turned Assitive touch on and off, rebooted phone, face id is working however constantly get notification when trying to use Apple Pay in my wallet that Assistive touch HAS to be enabled to use my card. Driving me nuts.....what to do? Surely I should just be able to double click side button without having to use the Assistive touch shouldn't I? Grrr......

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 12:22 PM

Hello porkypiglet,

It sounds like Apple Pay is using Assistive Touch even when it's turned off.

Here's a resource on this topic. Check out Use AssistiveTouch on iPhone

• Check to see if you have Confirm with AssistiveTouch turned on in Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch > Confirm with AssistiveTouch (at the bottom). If so, you would want to turn this off.

Hope this information helps. Have a good day.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 12:22 PM in response to porkypiglet

Hello porkypiglet,

It sounds like Apple Pay is using Assistive Touch even when it's turned off.

Here's a resource on this topic. Check out Use AssistiveTouch on iPhone

• Check to see if you have Confirm with AssistiveTouch turned on in Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch > Confirm with AssistiveTouch (at the bottom). If so, you would want to turn this off.

Hope this information helps. Have a good day.

Nov 30, 2021 12:59 PM in response to porkypiglet

porkypiglet,

Thank you for the reply. Even if Assistive Touch is turned off, Confirm with AssistiveTouch can still be turned on. It would be located in Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch > Confirm with AssistiveTouch. You would still tap on AssistiveTouch even if it's off and scroll down to the bottom of that screen to locate this setting.

If you don't have this setting or Confirm with AssistiveTouch is turned off, at that point you Contact Apple Support or use this Get Support link as it's not working as expected.

Cheers.

Apple Pay iPHone13Pro - without asistaive touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.