Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add new ipad with different number to imessager

I just got a new ipad Pro, but it is stuck with my iphones number not the number assigned to it

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 6:54 PM

A cellular+WiFi iPad does not have a useable telephone number. The number associated with your iPad cellular data plan is used by the carrier for internal billing association only.

An iPad cannot connect to any cellular telephone voice network. By itself, it is a data (i.e. internet) only device and thus can only use VOIP telephone services or internet messaging services (iMessage, Skype, etc).

If you have an iPhone you can pair the iPad to the iPhone to share the iPhone’s cellular telephone service including SMS and MMS -> Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2021 6:54 PM in response to jiggslayton

A cellular+WiFi iPad does not have a useable telephone number. The number associated with your iPad cellular data plan is used by the carrier for internal billing association only.

An iPad cannot connect to any cellular telephone voice network. By itself, it is a data (i.e. internet) only device and thus can only use VOIP telephone services or internet messaging services (iMessage, Skype, etc).

If you have an iPhone you can pair the iPad to the iPhone to share the iPhone’s cellular telephone service including SMS and MMS -> Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Add new ipad with different number to imessager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.