Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How should iPhone users use each terrestrial FM radio reception function?

How should iPhone users use the FM radio reception frequency?

As an iPhone user in Korea, radio is provided through Apple Music, and iPhone does not support its

own FM radio reception function like domestic smartphones. Last time iPhone 3G iPod nano

It seems to have been supported until the 7th generation or so, but it was discontinued for various

reasons and integrated into Apple Music!

But I'm trying to use my favorite radio by installing one or two apps on my mobile! Because it's

probably due to the capacity of the smartphone and even if it's the same station, it's broadcast in

each region.

Each program will be different, but at first, I don't know what it is, and I tend to listen to this

and that by clicking on various broadcasters and channels!

In that sense, it is the only way to use terrestrial frequency radio through a local network in the

area rather than Internet radio, and when you want to use a broadcast program unique to a specific

area! However

Domestic smartphones such as Samsung Galaxy, Android phones and other phones are equipped with FM

radio.

When I run it, a phrase to connect the earphone antenna appears

Do I have to do that when running?! And if you connect an external Bluetooth speaker or something

like that without connecting earphones when running the radio app, the antenna works well without

connecting earphones.

Does it happen?! In fact, the biggest advantage is that you can listen to such things even in a

disaster situation without data!

Please help all of you. By any chance, blind people overseas including the United States know that

iPhones do not have such an FM reception function, that is, FM radio through local frequencies, like

ordinary smartphones do. FM radio is more unique than internet radio when you want to listen to the

radio at any time or in a specific area! In that sense, if the blind person wants to listen to the

FM radio, that is, the frequency reception of FM itself, not the Internet radio, how should the

blind iPhone user enjoy the FM frequency radio reception function??!! Be sure to help the visually

impaired iPhone users.

I heard that Apple Music also has a radio, so why isn't there such a news radio? Something like

daily information... Anyway

Because of that, I even had chatting consultations with Apple counselor twice, but the counselor

said that all domestic radios were available.

When I asked to play powerFM, it said that the radio could not be found.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 2:52 PM

Hello jungmin224,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities!

We understand you're trying to enjoy the radio on your iPhone.

Have you tried these steps to Listen to the radio in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

You can also use this link to Listen to broadcast radio on iPhone - Apple Support

We hope this helps you get the most from your iPhone and use the radio!

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 2:52 PM in response to jungmin224

Hello jungmin224,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities!

We understand you're trying to enjoy the radio on your iPhone.

Have you tried these steps to Listen to the radio in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

You can also use this link to Listen to broadcast radio on iPhone - Apple Support

We hope this helps you get the most from your iPhone and use the radio!

Cheers!

How should iPhone users use each terrestrial FM radio reception function?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.