Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since installing Catalina Word for Mac constantly crashes

I cannot by a new computer so the latest oS is Catalina 10.15 which was recently installed by Genius bar team. I have had Mac for Word 2016 and this was working fine, even after Catalina upgrade, but suddenly this week it constantly crashes eg I open a saved document, it seems to open and then disappears and I get error message. If I email that same document to myself I can open it then and work on it and save. But when I try and reopen it, it will often crash. Any ideas? I am not tech savvie so need clear simple explanations! As someone writing reports this is a nightmare!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 2:37 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Nov 30, 2021 3:46 AM in response to Sonicray

No it does not on my version of Catalina. It requires a higher no version which I am unable to install. I have spent hours both in Genius Bar and online discussing this as on my laptop (which I cannot afford to upgrade) I am now unable to access old Pages work. I have to email and view on iPad. Please be accurate of your facts.

Nov 30, 2021 4:10 AM in response to Sonicray

to upgrade Pages requires version more recent thanCatalina 15.7 which is the last oS upgrade I can get on my late 2012 MacBook Pro. If you are telling me something that differs to 5 hours of dealing with Apple already I will scream! last time Apple advised a complete reinstall ( after 6 weeks of calls etc ) they lost all my files!

if you are advising about why Word is crashing that makes no sense since it has worked fine for years snd even post Catalina worked fine for two weeks. Not sure you can help.

Since installing Catalina Word for Mac constantly crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.