Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off private browsing mode ?

How do I turn off private browsing mode

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 3:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 5:10 AM

The method of accessing Private Browsing differs between iPadOS13/14 and iPadOS15.

These instructions relate to iPadOS13/14 only - as the support page has not been updated for iPadOS15:

Turn Private Browsing on or off on your iPad - Apple Support

The method used to access Private Browsing has changed for iPadOS15. To access Private Browsing in iPadOS15, it is necessary to first summon the Safari Sidebar using the button at upper left of the screen [1] - and from the menu tap the Private toggle button [2].

To return to regular browsing, tap the sidebar n Tabs button, that appears above the Private button.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 5:10 AM in response to mmzftr

The method of accessing Private Browsing differs between iPadOS13/14 and iPadOS15.

These instructions relate to iPadOS13/14 only - as the support page has not been updated for iPadOS15:

Turn Private Browsing on or off on your iPad - Apple Support

The method used to access Private Browsing has changed for iPadOS15. To access Private Browsing in iPadOS15, it is necessary to first summon the Safari Sidebar using the button at upper left of the screen [1] - and from the menu tap the Private toggle button [2].

To return to regular browsing, tap the sidebar n Tabs button, that appears above the Private button.

How do I turn off private browsing mode ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.