Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off Private Browsing Mode

How do I turn off Private Browsing Mode?

iPhone 11

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 8:51 AM

See the following from Browse privately in Safari on iPhone - Apple Support

To hide the sites and exit Private Browsing Mode, tap , then tap  to open a different Tab Group from the menu at the bottom of your screen. The private sites reappear the next time you use Private Browsing Mode.

To close private tabs, tap , then swipe left each of the tabs you want to close.

Note that if you don't have other tab groups, click the two overlapping rectangles, click Private at the bottom of the screen, click "Start Page."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 8:51 AM in response to Bill-Curt

See the following from Browse privately in Safari on iPhone - Apple Support

To hide the sites and exit Private Browsing Mode, tap , then tap  to open a different Tab Group from the menu at the bottom of your screen. The private sites reappear the next time you use Private Browsing Mode.

To close private tabs, tap , then swipe left each of the tabs you want to close.

Note that if you don't have other tab groups, click the two overlapping rectangles, click Private at the bottom of the screen, click "Start Page."

How do I turn off Private Browsing Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.