Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health of M1 MacBook Air

I am facing unusual battery health behaviour after 40 charge cycles , the battery health has started to drop significantly , almost a percentage point of battery health per charge cycle . Now sitting at 97% after 44 charge cycles . What could be the reason and solution ??

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 12:38 PM

Battery health, i.e. Capacity percent is non linear. Having dropped 3% in 44 cycles is not a disaster. In fact it my rise and fall slightly from time to time as the battery ages. What I'm seeing with my 2016 MBP is the % dropped and then settled out. Right not it's sitting at about 89% but hasn't changed in over a month. It may have been "stable" a lot longer as I don't check it often at all.

Don't micromanage your battery. Charge it when you need to charge it, use in on battery when you need to do that and enjoy it. Let the charging circuitry take care of your battery, that's what's it's designed to do.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 12:38 PM in response to iambrp

Battery health, i.e. Capacity percent is non linear. Having dropped 3% in 44 cycles is not a disaster. In fact it my rise and fall slightly from time to time as the battery ages. What I'm seeing with my 2016 MBP is the % dropped and then settled out. Right not it's sitting at about 89% but hasn't changed in over a month. It may have been "stable" a lot longer as I don't check it often at all.

Don't micromanage your battery. Charge it when you need to charge it, use in on battery when you need to do that and enjoy it. Let the charging circuitry take care of your battery, that's what's it's designed to do.

Battery health of M1 MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.