Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Texting between certain phones

Any ideas to fix an issue with texting between certain iPhones? I can receive most, but there are a couple of family members I cannot text with - they don't receive my texts and I don't receive theirs. The phones in question have identical features enabled

(all except iMessage)

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 11:33 AM

Hi tihill72110,

It sounds like with certain family members, you're unable to receive their text messages and they don't receive yours. To confirm, iMessage isn't enabled on any of the iPhone devices? We want to make sure we understand if this is happening with SMS/MMS (green bubbles) or iMessage (blue bubbles).

Also, if you haven't already, you can see if the steps may help: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support Let us know if that helps or if you've already tried these steps.

Best wishes to you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 11:33 AM in response to tihill72110

Hi tihill72110,

It sounds like with certain family members, you're unable to receive their text messages and they don't receive yours. To confirm, iMessage isn't enabled on any of the iPhone devices? We want to make sure we understand if this is happening with SMS/MMS (green bubbles) or iMessage (blue bubbles).

Also, if you haven't already, you can see if the steps may help: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support Let us know if that helps or if you've already tried these steps.

Best wishes to you.

Texting between certain phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.