Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Start a new iphone fresh

Hi there,

I am looking to set up my new iPhone 13 fresh - however I am finding it difficult with the iCloud function. I do not want all my old photos on my new phone. How can I not include these on my new phone?

Thanks

Meghan

iPhone 13

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 6:59 PM

If you were using iCloud Photos, then simply don’t turn it on in Settings->Photos->iCloud Photos

If you weren’t using iCloud Photos but instead they were just backed up to iCloud, the you cannot avoid it. Restoring a backup will restore all the photos on it. You would have to delete them from the iPhone after the restore is complete.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 6:59 PM in response to mbroh0902

If you were using iCloud Photos, then simply don’t turn it on in Settings->Photos->iCloud Photos

If you weren’t using iCloud Photos but instead they were just backed up to iCloud, the you cannot avoid it. Restoring a backup will restore all the photos on it. You would have to delete them from the iPhone after the restore is complete.

Start a new iphone fresh

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.