Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a new iphone and want to set it up as new - without using an old icloud backup. However, will that erase my icloud photos that I already have when my new phone starts syncing?? I want to retain current data in icloud

I got a new iphone and want to set it up as new - without using an old icloud backup. However, will that erase my icloud photos that I already have when my new phone starts syncing?? I want to retain current data in icloud

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 9:22 PM

3 replies

Dec 11, 2020 9:14 AM in response to zinacef

Thanks! And this is true even if I do restore an old backup from icloud? in my case - I have an old backup (June 2020) but photos and videos uploaded to icloud as latest as Nov 2020.. So just trying to ensure that I restore backup from June and still have photos retained from Nov in icloud. I understand I wont have them on the phone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.