Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warranty

I received a replacement iPad after a screen repair, and wanted to know if I could buy a Apple care warranty for it? My original iPad was damaged after having it for four months and I was still under the limited year warranty, but not the Apple care. I tried to buy it after bringing it home, but it is telling me it is not available.

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 8:37 PM

No you cannot because it wasn't a "purchase" as such; it was a replacement for another iPad and the warranty from that will transfer to your replacement. So, if you had had Applecare on the original one, it would have transferred; but, since you didn't you will only have the remainder of the original warranty that transferred.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 8:37 PM in response to dionne32

No you cannot because it wasn't a "purchase" as such; it was a replacement for another iPad and the warranty from that will transfer to your replacement. So, if you had had Applecare on the original one, it would have transferred; but, since you didn't you will only have the remainder of the original warranty that transferred.

Nov 30, 2021 8:56 PM in response to dionne32

If the replacement was due to damage to the screen, then it was not a warranty repair. If the screen was damaged, your original one year warranty was voided and you received an “out of warranty” replacement at the OoW replacement fee. The OoW fee replaces your device and re-institutes your original one year warranty, or 90 days, whichever is longer. But it is not eligible for the extended AppleCare+ warranty.

Warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.