Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to copy contacts i phone to my new sim

I want to copy contacts iPhone to new sim card

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 9:15 PM

iPhones does not have the option of storing contact information on the sim card. Apple recommends that you transfer contact information by either sharing or allowing iCloud backup of these contacts.

Perhaps you are trying to extract contacts from a previous different phone (some androids and others) that does store on sim?

If so, to transfer contacts from the sim card to an new iPhone, check this link for instructions > Import contacts from your SIM card to your iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 9:15 PM in response to refeekParangodath

iPhones does not have the option of storing contact information on the sim card. Apple recommends that you transfer contact information by either sharing or allowing iCloud backup of these contacts.

Perhaps you are trying to extract contacts from a previous different phone (some androids and others) that does store on sim?

If so, to transfer contacts from the sim card to an new iPhone, check this link for instructions > Import contacts from your SIM card to your iPhone - Apple Support

I want to copy contacts i phone to my new sim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.