Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I set up an album in “Photos” pics in a certain order. When I transfer them to a thumb drive and open them up on another computer that also has the “Photos” app the order is scrambled. How do I save them to a the thumb drive unscrambled?

I set up an album in “Photos” arranging 126 photographs in a certain sequence. When I transfer them to a thumb drive and open them up on another computer that also has the “Photos” app the order is scrambled. How do I save them to a the thumb drive unscrambled? Thanks and advance for your help.

Gary

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 11:23 PM

Photos allows for images to be arranged ad hoc in an album, but when you export from Photos to the thumb drive you're moving the images from Photos to the Finder. The Finder has no such ability, and can only sort on name or date etc.

So the trick is to rename the images in a sequence, which can be done the File -> Export dialogue, so that they can be arrange din order in the Finder.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 11:23 PM in response to gary2906

Photos allows for images to be arranged ad hoc in an album, but when you export from Photos to the thumb drive you're moving the images from Photos to the Finder. The Finder has no such ability, and can only sort on name or date etc.

So the trick is to rename the images in a sequence, which can be done the File -> Export dialogue, so that they can be arrange din order in the Finder.

I set up an album in “Photos” pics in a certain order. When I transfer them to a thumb drive and open them up on another computer that also has the “Photos” app the order is scrambled. How do I save them to a the thumb drive unscrambled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.