Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some images on websites are not displaying, just showing question marks.

It not all images, just tends to be ones that are like thumbnails. For example on Hello fresh where the recipes are lined up, it just doesn't display them & just shows a question mark.

I've looked to see if there are any updates etc, but nothing.

I saw online that going into preferences, privacy & turning off "prevent cross site tracking" fixes this. However on Safari I Cant seem to be able to find this as mine doesn't have that option.

Any ideas?

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 6:36 AM

Hi claireandflor,

This is where it would be located.

In your signature, it states macOS 10.11 El Capitan is what you are running. Are you unable to upgrade? The version of Safari you have is tied to your version of macOS. It sounds like your version of Safari pre-dates this functionality. If it is a setting that you can turn off/on in your version, it may well be located elsewhere in the settings.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 6:36 AM in response to claireandflor

Hi claireandflor,

This is where it would be located.

In your signature, it states macOS 10.11 El Capitan is what you are running. Are you unable to upgrade? The version of Safari you have is tied to your version of macOS. It sounds like your version of Safari pre-dates this functionality. If it is a setting that you can turn off/on in your version, it may well be located elsewhere in the settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.