Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail very slow to load up and close down

Problem started about 4 weeks ago. I'm using an iCloud account, that's not massive at 1.5 GB. Same issue on Big Sur and still happening after upgrade to Monterey. Tried disabling and re-enabling mail and also multiple mailbox rebuilds. Connection doctor comes up saying everything is fine. My email works perfectly fast using Spark email client. By broadband is circa 350 Mbps.

My conclusion is it's something related to Apple Mail.

Any ideas how to fix?

James

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 9:01 AM

jpattinson wrote:

Problem started about 4 weeks ago. I'm using an iCloud account, that's not massive at 1.5 GB. Same issue on Big Sur and still happening after upgrade to Monterey. Tried disabling and re-enabling mail and also multiple mailbox rebuilds. Connection doctor comes up saying everything is fine. My email works perfectly fast using Spark email client. By broadband is circa 350 Mbps.

Any ideas how to fix?

James

If this is iCloud related account—try signing out of iCloud and back in again

>System Preferences>AppleID>iCloud

Sign out of iCloud on your..... Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208242

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 9:01 AM in response to jpattinson

jpattinson wrote:

Any ideas how to fix?

James

If this is iCloud related account—try signing out of iCloud and back in again

>System Preferences>AppleID>iCloud

Sign out of iCloud on your..... Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208242

Apple Mail very slow to load up and close down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.