Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro early 2011 says there is no available updates

how can I update the ios on my macbook pro early 2011, wen I run check for updates, said that there is no updates. I have OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 2:28 PM

4 replies

Dec 1, 2021 3:11 PM in response to RosaAlba

RosaAlba wrote:

The short answer is that you can't.

To the OP: macOS 10.13 will work here, and is available for download. It’ll fix the immediate problems with digital certificates you’re probably having with Safari and other tools, though High Sierra is no longer supported, nor is High Sierra receiving patches from Apple.

There are no updates showing for your Mac because it's too old to run the latest version of MacOS.

To the OP: Apple differentiates updates—what the OP has undoubtedly been checking—from upgrades. macOS updates for macOS are minor changes, and are unlikely to perturb apps, a d are easy to get. macOS upgrades can potentially break apps, and upgrades must be specifically requested.

An early 2011 MacBook Pro cannot be updated past High Sierra (10.13) and, as that's now 4 versions old, it's not available on software update.

To the OP: Here is how to download many of the older macOS versions directly from Apple, including how to acquire and install High Sierra ➡️ How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

To the OP: Have a complete and current backup prior to installing High Sierra.

To the OP: Do expect to be replacing this MacBook Pro too, as it’s a decade old and well off of Apple software, hardware, and repair support.

Dec 2, 2021 1:22 AM in response to juan d.fromyonkers

The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

With the above information in-hand - follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install.  For Best results use Safari to commence the download as Others may not work.

Safari will open a redirect and open the Apple Store where the download can commence

This computer may Qualify for High Sierra at the Maximum

Make Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can be used to Revert to Previous Working macOS

Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Un-installers, etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal  operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation

Dec 1, 2021 2:55 PM in response to juan d.fromyonkers

iOS is a mobile operating system, it doesn't run on Macs. The short answer is that you can't. There are no updates showing for your Mac because it's too old to run the latest version of MacOS. An early 2011 MacBook Pro cannot be updated past High Sierra (10.13) and, as that's now 4 versions old, it's not available on software update. Your computer is almost 11 years old, you really ought to think about replacing it. Older versions of MacOS no longer receive security updates which leaves your computer vulnerable.

My MacBook Pro early 2011 says there is no available updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.