Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad for creativity, air or pro?

Hi, I want to buy an ipad for creative projects, mainly for painting art (like in procreate or Photoshop) and I may want to record audio, make short videos of my art with music for example. I’m a professional artist and want to use it for work. So it must work perfect. Is there any difference when preforming these tasks on the iPad Air comparing with PRO? Is the PRO screen or performance better for painting? For example, does it have faster response when drawing a line with the pencil? Or some other differences?

Someone professional that have tried both and noticed anything, or tried just iPad air and are satisfied or not? Thank you!

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 2:46 PM

Pencil responsiveness is good across the line.

Pro models add various features, better cameras, and other capabilities.

Apple offers a comparison tool: iPad - Compare Models - Apple

You may want to make an appointment at the local Apple Store, and try those models you are interested in, too.

2 replies

Dec 1, 2021 2:49 PM in response to emelie278

iPad Pros have the 120 Hz screen refresh rate.

iPad Air 4 does not.

iPad Pros have a much better 4-speaker audio system that works in both portrait and landscape screen orientations.

iPad Air 4 ONLY has stereo audio output in landscape screen orientation only.

iPad Pros have larger internal storage capacities, as well as, more internal processing RAM than in the iPad Air 4.

New iPad Pro models have Apple's new front facing, FaceTime, Centestage camera feature, as well.

No such thing on the older 2020 iPad Air 4.

Ipad for creativity, air or pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.