Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro big screen

Hi there apps

I was working on my computer and I found the screen is good but how to find a good stills or pen or pencil as these are for different computers and on amazon dot com there AMAZON BRAND products are usable on different apple items so how does the iPad Pro user find a way to draw on the screen and use the device with other iPads and smart phones as the adobe pen i have seems to say only with adobe apps and apple compatible

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 8:07 AM

Many models of Apple iPad support either the first or second generation Apple Pencil - this being used to “draw” on the iPad screen with supported Apps.

Here is Apple’s definitive compatibility list for Apple Pencil and iPad:

Apple Pencil compatibility - Apple Support

In addition to the Apple Pencil, there are some third-party alternatives - such as the Logitech Crayon and Zagg Stylus Pro. These alternatives don’t support pressure sensing, but are otherwise interchangeable with the Apple Pencil.

Be aware that you’ll not be able to use the Apple Pencil (or compatible alternatives) with other computers. Neither will you be able to use other proprietary Stylus with iPad - as they use different technologies. There are some Bluetooth Stylus’ available, but of those that will work with iPad, they all require explicit support by Apps - this being very limited.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2023 8:07 AM in response to Coldplaydotcom

Many models of Apple iPad support either the first or second generation Apple Pencil - this being used to “draw” on the iPad screen with supported Apps.

Here is Apple’s definitive compatibility list for Apple Pencil and iPad:

Apple Pencil compatibility - Apple Support

In addition to the Apple Pencil, there are some third-party alternatives - such as the Logitech Crayon and Zagg Stylus Pro. These alternatives don’t support pressure sensing, but are otherwise interchangeable with the Apple Pencil.

Be aware that you’ll not be able to use the Apple Pencil (or compatible alternatives) with other computers. Neither will you be able to use other proprietary Stylus with iPad - as they use different technologies. There are some Bluetooth Stylus’ available, but of those that will work with iPad, they all require explicit support by Apps - this being very limited.

iPad Pro big screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.