Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my phone is locked when backing up to iCloud I will I know when it's done it's actually been backed up?

if my phone is locked during back up to iCloud how will I know it’s been backed up?

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 5:43 PM

1. Unlock the phone, go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud/Backup and it will show the date/time of the last iCloud backup
  2. Connect the phone to your computer with the USB cable, click on its icon in iTunes (or the phone’s entry in the Finder sidebar in Mac OS Big Sur or later) and the timestamp of the last iCloud backup will be listed on the summary.

For 2. if you have previously enabled Wi-Fi syncing to your computer you won’t need to connect the cable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 5:43 PM in response to Lulupupu

1. Unlock the phone, go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud/Backup and it will show the date/time of the last iCloud backup
  2. Connect the phone to your computer with the USB cable, click on its icon in iTunes (or the phone’s entry in the Finder sidebar in Mac OS Big Sur or later) and the timestamp of the last iCloud backup will be listed on the summary.

For 2. if you have previously enabled Wi-Fi syncing to your computer you won’t need to connect the cable.

If my phone is locked when backing up to iCloud I will I know when it's done it's actually been backed up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.