Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using another person iphone

I bought someone old iphone 6S. How do I activate it for my own use?

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 8:29 PM

50percentoff Said:

"using another person iphone: I bought someone old iphone 6S. How do I activate it for my own use?"

-------

Have the Seller Sign Out:

The person currently signed in needs to sign themselves out of iCloud on it. Meet the seller back in-person, and have them use this link: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. They should have known better. If they do not sign out, then it is useless to you. Being a theft deterrent, that's just the way it is :(

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 8:29 PM in response to 50percentoff

50percentoff Said:

"using another person iphone: I bought someone old iphone 6S. How do I activate it for my own use?"

-------

Have the Seller Sign Out:

The person currently signed in needs to sign themselves out of iCloud on it. Meet the seller back in-person, and have them use this link: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. They should have known better. If they do not sign out, then it is useless to you. Being a theft deterrent, that's just the way it is :(

using another person iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.