Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have a 2017 Mac pro air is not starting up under any of the normal suggestions what do I do

I’ve tried all of the normal suggestions with no success. What do I do next?

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 10:28 PM

ricinvirginia Said:

"Have a 2017 Mac pro air is not starting up under any of the normal suggestions what do I do: I’ve tried all of the normal suggestions with no success. What do I do next?"

-------

If Getting a Question Mark...

Two Things...

I. Go here: If your Mac Starts Up to a Question Mark - Apple Support

II. Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [Command + R] upon boot). Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seen. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2021 10:28 PM in response to ricinvirginia

ricinvirginia Said:

"Have a 2017 Mac pro air is not starting up under any of the normal suggestions what do I do: I’ve tried all of the normal suggestions with no success. What do I do next?"

-------

If Getting a Question Mark...

Two Things...

I. Go here: If your Mac Starts Up to a Question Mark - Apple Support

II. Mount the Drive:

Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold Down: [Command + R] upon boot). Then, using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seen. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more.

Dec 1, 2021 10:28 PM in response to ricinvirginia

ricinvirginia Said:

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Have a 2017 Mac pro air is not starting up under any of the normal suggestions what do I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.