Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2021 Apple TV 4k and 2021 Samsung's Neo QLED QN90A and SONOS Arc soundbar issues?

I have a (2021) Apple TV 4k connected to my Samsung Neo QLED QN90A and

SONOS Arc sound bar.

I am experiencing sound drop outs, some lip sync issues, and sometimes the sound

won't come on at all -- only when I'm using the Apple TV 4k. I don’t have any

issues with content on the internal apps. However, there are apps I wish to use

that are only available on the Apple TV and not available on the Samsung

internal apps.

I have tried a number of possible settings on the Samsung TV, the Apple TV 4k as well as

the SONOS Arc. The apps I most often use are: Netflix, Apple TV+, Amazon Prime, Paramount,

Disney+, Hulu, AMC, HBO Max,

Can anyone give me any insights on the correct settings to use and cable

connections to get the Apple TV 4k to work correctly on the Samsung TV and SONOS Arc. Thank you for your help!

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 12:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 1:48 PM

Set your Apple TV to output the audio to TV speakers, then let your TV pass that through to the soundbar. That is the wired connection that will work best. Don’t use wireless for TV audio where A/V sync is paramount. Use HDMI instead.

If you set Apple TV to output the audio to the soundbar, then that will be wireless (AirPlay or Bluetooth), which could introduce its own issues. You would also have to set that each time, which is a bit of a hassle. Avoid that if possible.

Use the eARC HDMI port on the TV for the connection to the soundbar. See if the eARC HDMI port on your TV needs configuration for high bandwidth audio to the soundbar.

Use HDMI cables rated 18 Gbps or better. Use HDMI cable rated 48 Gbps for the connection between the Apple TV and the TV (the latter is for video bandwidth mainly, but still advisable to ensure that the cable is never the limiting factor for devices with HDMI 2.1 ports).

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 1:48 PM in response to ChevyCarter

Set your Apple TV to output the audio to TV speakers, then let your TV pass that through to the soundbar. That is the wired connection that will work best. Don’t use wireless for TV audio where A/V sync is paramount. Use HDMI instead.

If you set Apple TV to output the audio to the soundbar, then that will be wireless (AirPlay or Bluetooth), which could introduce its own issues. You would also have to set that each time, which is a bit of a hassle. Avoid that if possible.

Use the eARC HDMI port on the TV for the connection to the soundbar. See if the eARC HDMI port on your TV needs configuration for high bandwidth audio to the soundbar.

Use HDMI cables rated 18 Gbps or better. Use HDMI cable rated 48 Gbps for the connection between the Apple TV and the TV (the latter is for video bandwidth mainly, but still advisable to ensure that the cable is never the limiting factor for devices with HDMI 2.1 ports).

Dec 3, 2021 6:07 PM in response to ChevyCarter

So I have a related question about setup. I have the latest Apple TV 4k for video and Atmos. My TV (LG OLED 55G1PUA) had 1 HDMI eARC port and I play sound thru a Sonos Arc sound bar (which has HDMI eARC). So in order to get 4K to the TV and Dolby Atmos to the sound bar, do I connect a 48Gbps HDMI cable from the Apple TV to a regular HDMI input to the LG TV then run a 48 Gbps HDMI cable from the LG HDMI eARC port to the Sonos Arc HDMI eARC port?

2021 Apple TV 4k and 2021 Samsung's Neo QLED QN90A and SONOS Arc soundbar issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.