Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K to TVios

Since upgrading my Apple TV 4K to TVios 14.4 - I have no sound on Netflix, Prime Video or AppleTV App via my soundbar. Sound for other apps eg Iview, SBS on demand is OK

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 5:00 PM

Check the Audio Format, as output by the Apple TV,

and verify that it matches the speaker setup.

If your soundbar supports PCM Multichannel over HDMI, then leave the setting at Auto.

If your soundbar supports Dolby Digital 5.1 over optical, then change the setting to Dolby Digital 5.1.

If your soundbar supports Stereo over wireless, then try changing the setting to Stereo.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2021 5:00 PM in response to B48urr

Check the Audio Format, as output by the Apple TV,

and verify that it matches the speaker setup.

If your soundbar supports PCM Multichannel over HDMI, then leave the setting at Auto.

If your soundbar supports Dolby Digital 5.1 over optical, then change the setting to Dolby Digital 5.1.

If your soundbar supports Stereo over wireless, then try changing the setting to Stereo.

Apple TV 4K to TVios

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.