Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID and password when upgrading IMac 2011 to high sierra

I bought a used iMac 2011 with El Capitan OS. The previous owner cleaned the data and reset the admin password but not erase the iMac. Question is during upgrading to High Sierra, the system  required to enter Apple ID and password. Can I enter my apple id and password or the system needs the previous I am Not the original owner of the owner info to allow installation to be continued. Thanks . 

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 2:29 PM

Unfortunately, you basically bought someone else mess as the machine was not prepared properly. If you can I would recommend returning it and getting your money back. Please follow the directions in What to do before selling or giving away your Mac and follow to the letter. NEVER EVER buy a used Mac unless you buy from a reputable source such as Macsales.com. Buying from a stranger, neighbor or friend often is much more trouble than it is worth.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 2:29 PM in response to cac260

Unfortunately, you basically bought someone else mess as the machine was not prepared properly. If you can I would recommend returning it and getting your money back. Please follow the directions in What to do before selling or giving away your Mac and follow to the letter. NEVER EVER buy a used Mac unless you buy from a reputable source such as Macsales.com. Buying from a stranger, neighbor or friend often is much more trouble than it is worth.

Apple ID and password when upgrading IMac 2011 to high sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.