Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new LG TV with Apple TV will not send me a verification code so I cannot login to Apple TV

I already have the Apple TV app on my TV, I login using my Apple ID and password and then the TV says it will send a verification code to my phone but it never arrives. If I use iTunes or the apple.id.apple.com site the code is sent but Apple TV will not send the code so I cannot login to Apple TV. Any thoughts?

Apple TV

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 6:59 AM

I was able to work around it. On the login screen there is also a QR code method of logging in. Instead of entering the login on the TV as I did last time, I scanned the QR code on my phone and logged in that way. I was still asked for 2-stage verification and again the code did not arrive but at least on my phone there was a DIDN'T GET A CODE? link and I used that to get another one. It worked. I am 56 years old and usually resourceful enough to navigate around things like this but I envision a life when I'm older full or swearing and shaking my fists at the sky because I'm being crushed by technology. In the meantime... Ted Lasso can soothe my jangled nerves. :D Thanks to all for the help.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 6:59 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I was able to work around it. On the login screen there is also a QR code method of logging in. Instead of entering the login on the TV as I did last time, I scanned the QR code on my phone and logged in that way. I was still asked for 2-stage verification and again the code did not arrive but at least on my phone there was a DIDN'T GET A CODE? link and I used that to get another one. It worked. I am 56 years old and usually resourceful enough to navigate around things like this but I envision a life when I'm older full or swearing and shaking my fists at the sky because I'm being crushed by technology. In the meantime... Ted Lasso can soothe my jangled nerves. :D Thanks to all for the help.

Dec 3, 2021 5:50 AM in response to SoaringSimpson

I think you can opt to get a text:

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Get a text or phone call
If you don’t have a trusted device handy, you can have a verification code sent to your trusted phone number as a text message or phone call.
1. Click Didn't get a verification code on the sign in screen.
2. Choose to have the code sent to your trusted phone number.
3. You'll get a text message or phone call from Apple with your verification code.
4. Enter the code on your other device to complete sign in.

Dec 3, 2021 6:50 AM in response to Urquhart1244

My phone is android and my notebook is HP. My Apple ID account does have my correct phone number for my android. Even just now when I wanted to reply, I needed 2-step verification and the first time I did not receive a code and I had to click on DIDN'T GET A CODE? on the screen. But on my TV, there is no DIDN'T GET A CODE? link... just the six boxes to enter the code which never comes. I also learned that once you turn on 2-step verification you cannot turn it off so I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I'm stuck in a box.

My new LG TV with Apple TV will not send me a verification code so I cannot login to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.