Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icon size on iPad Mini with iOS 15.1

my iPad mini 5th generation just updated to 15.1. It appears the update changed the icon sizes so now the large size is the same as the old regular size & the regular size icon is even smaller. Is there any way to get the old, large size icons back? And yes, I have the large icon setting in the settings turned on.

iPad mini 5 Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 2:07 PM

Hello chasethekat,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that with the iPadOS update to 15.1 that you're noticing the icon size for your apps is now smaller, even when using the Large setting. Have you tried using Display Zoom to see if that helps? Review article, Magnify the iPad screen with Display Zoom for more details.

If you find that adjusting the Display Zoom doesn't help with the icon size, and your settings are correct in Settings > Accessibility, we suggest submitting feedback about this change at Product Feedback. You're also welcome to connect with Apple Support for additional assistance.

Get Support

Best regards.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 2:07 PM in response to chasethekat

Hello chasethekat,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that with the iPadOS update to 15.1 that you're noticing the icon size for your apps is now smaller, even when using the Large setting. Have you tried using Display Zoom to see if that helps? Review article, Magnify the iPad screen with Display Zoom for more details.

If you find that adjusting the Display Zoom doesn't help with the icon size, and your settings are correct in Settings > Accessibility, we suggest submitting feedback about this change at Product Feedback. You're also welcome to connect with Apple Support for additional assistance.

Get Support

Best regards.

Dec 4, 2021 4:06 PM in response to Missy5937

This does not solve my issue & not sure who or why it was marked solved. I only want my icons back to the previous large size. I do not need to zoom every page I see. Everything else is perfectly fine. I would like to know is there a way to change the icons back to the original large size or were they made smaller with the latest update and I’m stuck with it?

Dec 8, 2021 1:18 PM in response to chasethekat

Hello chasethekat,

We do understand, and were providing the feedback link because this was a change included in iPadOS 15. There isn't a way to change it back to how it was with the previous iPadOS versions. Providing feedback to Apple about this change is the best way to make sure their engineers understand the impact it's made to you and how you'd prefer the icons be presented in future iPadOS releases.

Best wishes.

Icon size on iPad Mini with iOS 15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.