Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to use External HDD on Mac

Unable to use the External HDD that I was using with Windows post upgrading to Mac book Air M1 2020. Will be more than happy to hear from you. I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE DATA Please.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2021 11:07 PM

Dr_Vasanth Said:

"Not satisfied with the solution. Why do we need to post a query if this is a solution. This even a laymen knows it. Need a technical Soultion where you don’t have to spend on a new external HDD."

-------

Try Cloud Storage:

You could always transfer through cloud storage. Things it, it would take some time and would be a one time use. So, here are the prices: iCloud+ Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2021 11:07 PM in response to Dr_Vasanth

Dr_Vasanth Said:

"Not satisfied with the solution. Why do we need to post a query if this is a solution. This even a laymen knows it. Need a technical Soultion where you don’t have to spend on a new external HDD."

-------

Try Cloud Storage:

You could always transfer through cloud storage. Things it, it would take some time and would be a one time use. So, here are the prices: iCloud+ Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

Dec 2, 2021 10:38 PM in response to Dr_Vasanth

Dr_Vasanth Said:

"Unable to use External HDD on Mac: Unable to use the External HDD that I was using with Windows post upgrading to Mac book Air M1 2020. Will be more than happy to hear from you. I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE DATA Please."

-------

Use a Windows/Apple Hard Drive:

It is the format type getting in the way here. So, your best bet to to purchase a new external hard drive that is compatible with macOS and Windows. Then, transfer using that drive.

Dec 3, 2021 4:36 AM in response to Dr_Vasanth

If not iCloud, there are other cloud storage services where you can store the data for later retrieval. Personally I favor the new external drive, it's simple, cheap and effective. And once completed, you can use the drive for data storage or for backup purposes. Backing up is a highly recommended method to preserve data; there are many different ways to do that. Backups keep your valuable data close at hand too.

Sometimes the "old school" layman method is the best solution, not to mention least expensive. And we all can do with saving money.

Unable to use External HDD on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.