Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone had a problem with a new I Mac desktop needing a login with password after putting to sleep to sleep

Just had a new IMac 24" destop installed and when I put it to sleep it needs a password to restart. Do some new desktops have this problem and is Apple trying to resolve it?

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 9:45 AM

4 replies

Dec 4, 2021 1:57 PM in response to lllaass

I saw the login screen - what you see when the computer is put to sleep. Since then a technician installing other equipment solved one problem and now the computer doesn't go to sleep while it's open for over a minute when I"m just looking at a text but not working on it. However, I was told that, unlike my old computer, it does require a password to log in again from sleep, unless I choose not to require a password to log in.

Many thanks

Has anyone had a problem with a new I Mac desktop needing a login with password after putting to sleep to sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.