Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete old email addresses from the TO: drop down box when I try to send an email?

There are several email address that drop down when I try to type in an email address to send a message. I would like to get rid of the old or errant email addresses from that box because sometimes the system fills in the wrong email address. Also, I need to do the same to my From: address box because it fills incorrectly due to multiple email addresses.

I have a MacBook Air, iPad Pro, an iPhone 13 Max, and an Apple Watch. All of my emails do this multiple address drop down box in the emails (except the Apple Watch)

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 10:42 AM

In Mac Mail, select the "Window" menu, then select "Previous Recipients". You can remove all previous recipients or select the recipients you want to remove. From there, you can also add previous recipients to you Contact it they're not already in your Contacts list.

2 replies

How do I delete old email addresses from the TO: drop down box when I try to send an email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.