Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use a flash drive with my MacBook Pro.

I put some information on a PNY Flash Drive and now I want to put it on my MacBook Pro 2019 using Big Sur OS. Since this Mac has only thunderbolts, I had to use an adapter which I got from Apple Store. But I cannot find it in "locations." I am really upset. What to do?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 8:08 AM

rshalf wrote:

I put some information on a PNY Flash Drive and now I want to put it on my MacBook Pro 2019 using Big Sur OS. Since this Mac has only thunderbolts, I had to use an adapter which I got from Apple Store. But I cannot find it in "locations." I am really upset. What to do?

Try a different flash drive and compare your results.

Verify your Finder>Preferences

Change Finder preferences on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 8:08 AM in response to rshalf

rshalf wrote:

Try a different flash drive and compare your results.

Verify your Finder>Preferences

Change Finder preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Dec 4, 2021 9:40 AM in response to leroydouglas

I figured it out. I had either a broken adapter or it was the wrong one. I would insert a picture but could not figure out how. apple keeps rejecting it. Anyway the adapter for video stuff doesn't work, even though it has a usb port. The adapter with just a usb port and an HDMI port worked. I really wish Apple would include a standard usb port in the next MacBook Pro. Weight is not as important to me as convenience. Carting around a pile of adapters is not convenient, especially when I have lots of research to do in a short time.

How to use a flash drive with my MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.