Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting apps

I cano no longer delete an app. Only allows me to remove from home screen when I press and hold the app. No longer does it give me the "delete" option.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 3:17 PM

review this support article

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

• You can delete an app from your Home Screen by tap/hold on the app icon, when the menu pops up, select Remove App, then in the subsequent menu select Delete App
  • You can delete an app from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App.
  • You can delete an app by navigating to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] scroll all the way down to the bottom and select Delete App.

If you are unable to delete apps with any of these methods, check:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

make sure that's set to 'Allow'

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 3:17 PM in response to Katiekay2017

review this support article

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

• You can delete an app from your Home Screen by tap/hold on the app icon, when the menu pops up, select Remove App, then in the subsequent menu select Delete App
  • You can delete an app from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App.
  • You can delete an app by navigating to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] scroll all the way down to the bottom and select Delete App.

If you are unable to delete apps with any of these methods, check:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

make sure that's set to 'Allow'

Deleting apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.