Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

deleting apps

how do i delete an app when it only lets me remove from the home screen? it won’t let me delete apps

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 8:20 AM

There are quite a few Apple developed apps that cannot be permanently deleted and can only be removed form the Home Screen. One example of that app is Safari. If you cannot delete any of the apps that are installed on your iPhone, then You may have Screen Time Content & Restrictions set to ON.

Open Settings  Screen Time  Content & Privacy Restrictions  iTunes & App Store Purchases  Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2023 8:20 AM in response to tristan_menchaca

There are quite a few Apple developed apps that cannot be permanently deleted and can only be removed form the Home Screen. One example of that app is Safari. If you cannot delete any of the apps that are installed on your iPhone, then You may have Screen Time Content & Restrictions set to ON.

Open Settings  Screen Time  Content & Privacy Restrictions  iTunes & App Store Purchases  Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW

Axel F.

deleting apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.