Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my printer is connected but shows offline any help

my printer is connected was working great now it shows offline and will only printer if I connect via usb

MacBook, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2021 7:04 PM

Restart the printer. Check for printer vendor driver updates, and apply any found. See if there is a firmware update for the printer, and apply the most current firmware available. Remove the printer from macOS, and re-add it. If the printer supports AirPrint, try switching to that when you configure the printer. Then check with the printer vendor support folks.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2021 7:04 PM in response to fififuzzball

Restart the printer. Check for printer vendor driver updates, and apply any found. See if there is a firmware update for the printer, and apply the most current firmware available. Remove the printer from macOS, and re-add it. If the printer supports AirPrint, try switching to that when you configure the printer. Then check with the printer vendor support folks.

my printer is connected but shows offline any help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.