Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TimeMachine on iMac 2021 Monterey

I just purchased an new iMac 2021 with Monterey. TimeMachine backup on RaspberryPi seems to be oké. No error messages and checking backups are also fine.

But when I activate TimeMachine, it always opens with the desktop folder. E.g. when the mail application is active, TM opens with the desktop folder and no mails are visible. So, I can’t restore any mails.

Anyone a solution?

regards, Evert

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 4:19 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 4, 2021 3:15 PM in response to evert210

There is one way. Your email is stored in your library/mail/V directory. The issue is how to find a specific email as it does not keep easy to read titles. It is easier to restore an entire mailbox. In Finder select option, Go at the top and then select library. Go to mail/V (could be V8 or V9, etc.) Look for folders with cryptic titles and in one or more of those you will find your email folders. You have to work your way down the file structure to get what you are looking for.

TimeMachine on iMac 2021 Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.