Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps not working on my iMac after macOS update

I updated my imac, macos catalina 10.15.7 and cricut design space will not open, nor will the apple store.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 5:44 AM

2 replies

Dec 4, 2021 7:41 AM in response to Kangela25

Kangela25 wrote:

I updated my imac, macos catalina 10.15.7 and cricut design space will not open, nor will the apple store.

Specific to Apple Store issue - sometimes one picks up a piece of Malware or Adware which if installed may interfere with connecting to the Apple Apps Store.

There are no known Windows-like Viruses in the wild that self replicate and affect macOS, because of the underling UNIX  Foundation and Permission Limitation. 

The The Built in Security  is all that is required to protect the computer.

Should “ Certain & Specific Software “ referenced from above be installed - it will negatively impact macOS. It is suggested, to download directly from a respected ASC Contributor, the application Malwarebytes for Mac

It is free or paid for added features. 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with nor receive compensation from the Developer.

Run the Application and it should remove the malware / adware.

Once done, restart computer and test.

Apps not working on my iMac after macOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.