Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch won't open any apps

I have an old iPod touch (from 2008) but when I sync to iTunes, it says it has the latest software. However, I can't open the apple store or any apps. But I can open safari and search the internet. I am connected to my wifi, and I am signed in with my apple ID. When I try to open the apple store or other apps (youtube) it says "cannot connect." So, I can't download any apps or set up any accounts. Help!

iPod Touch

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 7:43 AM

I think your iPod is either a 1st or 2nd generation model and as such, they are no longer able to access the store or YouTube. One (or more) software updates over the years have specifically included security features, but those old models are not able to run the newer software, which is why you have this issue.

There's nothing you can do, although you can still use it for music, synced from your iTunes Library, and as you have discovered, Safari.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 7:43 AM in response to LarkinM

I think your iPod is either a 1st or 2nd generation model and as such, they are no longer able to access the store or YouTube. One (or more) software updates over the years have specifically included security features, but those old models are not able to run the newer software, which is why you have this issue.

There's nothing you can do, although you can still use it for music, synced from your iTunes Library, and as you have discovered, Safari.

Ipod touch won't open any apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.