Related Article: Fast charge your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it normal for the MacBook Pro 14 inch to get hot when fast charging with the 96W Adapter?

is it normal for the MacBook Pro 14 inch to get hot when fast charging with the 96W Adapter? Normally it runs cool but every time I plug it in gets really warm

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 10:19 AM

Unless the charge rate is really slow, yes, some heating up is normal on any device. In fact, you may note the charger and cord are both warm. The greater the charge rate, the warmer the device will get is the norm.

Is it uncomfortable to touch or just warm to the touch?

3 replies

Dec 5, 2021 3:45 PM in response to ku4hx

I understand that my Macbook Pro 14 inch is warm while charging with the 96W Charger, but it is still warm several hours after the battery is 100% charged. It cools immediately after I remove the Magsafe charger and it is not too uncomfortable to hold, but I never had this with my 2013 MacBook Pro's Magsafe charger. I only charge when not in use with the lid closed, as the battery lasts so long. Any advice on whether this is something to be concerned about?

is it normal for the MacBook Pro 14 inch to get hot when fast charging with the 96W Adapter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.