Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Desket F4200 Series printer- Need driver/software for Macbook Pro 2019 Big Sur

Hi

Help needed getting my v old HP Deskjet Printer to play ball with my Macbook Pro 16 " 2019 I have tried to add it as a printer it recognises it but nothing will print it says driver version 2.3 in the settings box

I've been on HP website but it is only offering old Mac OS options and nothing for Big Sur that i am running (11.6.1)

An older macbook pro i have that is also running Big Sur is printing fine with this printer.

I'm baffled ! Any help or advice gratefully received. Thanks Ed

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 2:56 PM

Hi Ed,

An HP Deskjet F4200 series (version 4.0.5) driver is mentioned in the article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support. You could perhaps check whether the package (Post Date: Dec 11, 2020) HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update at https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US contains something useful. It may or may not work with your printer, computer, and operating system.

Before testing printer drivers, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files (documents, photos, et cetera).

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 2:56 PM in response to Brampton Bodger

Hi Ed,

An HP Deskjet F4200 series (version 4.0.5) driver is mentioned in the article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support. You could perhaps check whether the package (Post Date: Dec 11, 2020) HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update at https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US contains something useful. It may or may not work with your printer, computer, and operating system.

Before testing printer drivers, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files (documents, photos, et cetera).

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

HP Desket F4200 Series printer- Need driver/software for Macbook Pro 2019 Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.