Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Watch Series 7

I just received a I Watch Series 7, tried to sync it to my I phone 6S which really isn't that old, would not sync. My Mac Air book broke so I just purchased a new one hoping to be able to use the Apple Watch on it, nope!!! I also have a I pad. Why can't Apple make things that are compatible???? So I can't use the I watch until I get another new phone????? This is Bullshit!!!!!

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 12:52 PM

Apple watch was never designed to pair with an iMac. It is exclusively designed to pair with iPhone. In order to pair a Series 7 Watch with an iPhone, the iPhone MUST be updated to iOS 15 at a minimum. The current iOS version is iOS 15.1 for an iPhone 6s. What iOS version are you running on your iPhone 6s? And if it isn't really an iPhone 6s, but is an iPhone 6, which can only run up to iOS 12.5.5, your watch won't pair with an iPhone 6 as iPhone 6 is simply too old at this point.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 12:52 PM in response to Birdies25

Apple watch was never designed to pair with an iMac. It is exclusively designed to pair with iPhone. In order to pair a Series 7 Watch with an iPhone, the iPhone MUST be updated to iOS 15 at a minimum. The current iOS version is iOS 15.1 for an iPhone 6s. What iOS version are you running on your iPhone 6s? And if it isn't really an iPhone 6s, but is an iPhone 6, which can only run up to iOS 12.5.5, your watch won't pair with an iPhone 6 as iPhone 6 is simply too old at this point.

Dec 5, 2021 2:31 AM in response to Birdies25

Birdies25 wrote:

so then a I watch is not like a fit bit that you sync to your computer or I pad to see your stats?

That's what the phone is for.

I Watch Series 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.