Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some letters on keyboard for my iMac are not working?

The letter o and I have stopped working on my wireless keyboard for my iMac can this be fixed?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.5

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 2:06 PM

Try the following: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Also turn the keyboard off and on a couple of times.

If it still doesn't work correctly log into a basic admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and see if the problem persists. This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide.

Next, boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. This will tell us if the problem is caused by some 3rd party software. Reboot normally and test again.

If still not working pair the keyboard with another computer and test. This will point the finger back at the keyboard if the problem persists.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 2:06 PM in response to queenofquitealot

Try the following: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Also turn the keyboard off and on a couple of times.

If it still doesn't work correctly log into a basic admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and see if the problem persists. This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide.

Next, boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. This will tell us if the problem is caused by some 3rd party software. Reboot normally and test again.

If still not working pair the keyboard with another computer and test. This will point the finger back at the keyboard if the problem persists.

Some letters on keyboard for my iMac are not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.