Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will my airpod pro work on a plane??

I have a new Apple AirPods Pro ... I don't actually understand how this stuff works, but if Im in a plane, and I have music or a book or podcast downloaded on to my Iphone ... will I be able to listen with my Airpod Pro ... or does my Iphone actually have to be logged in to the internet to link with Airpods? Or had linking through Bluetooth nothing to do with being on-line? Thx for reading.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 6:28 PM

2 replies

Dec 4, 2021 6:39 PM in response to samos3

Your AirPods Pro here are a device you connect (pair) to your iPhone. In various ways, they’re a fancy wireless version of wired headphones many of us have and still use. The short-range connection used is known as Bluetooth.

You’re going to be learning a little more about the iPhone, as the AirPods Pro aren’t really at the core of all this. The iPhone is.

You can download music to your iPhone prior to the flight, and can then play that music to your AirPods Pro while in flight, without needing a network connection, yes. This while the flight crew allows use of electronic devices.

There are various ways to download and keep music locally on the iPhone, depending on how you store your music and whether you subscribe to certain services.

If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can add music to your library and into playlists, and can then mark specific playlists to always be kept local to the iPhone, for instance.

You won’t be able to stream music from Apple Music or any other streaming services while in flight, though. Not without a network connection, and that usually means paying for the connection. If one is even offered.

will my airpod pro work on a plane??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.