Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone xs power button stuck

The power button on my iPhone xs is stuck--is there any way for me to get it unstuck?

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2021 12:52 PM

In case anyone with the same problem is reading this:

The problem resolved on its own after about a week. I think a piece of grit got stuck in the mechanism and it eventually dislodged on its own.

Everyone I asked for help either gave me inane, obvious answers like MrBill above, or tried to convince me to send the phone in for service. I’m really glad I didn’t do that, because it would have been expensive, and it ultimately wasn’t necessary. So if you’re having the same problem, my advice is give it a week or two before paying money for repairs, because the problem might resolve itself.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2021 12:52 PM in response to littlebird818

In case anyone with the same problem is reading this:

The problem resolved on its own after about a week. I think a piece of grit got stuck in the mechanism and it eventually dislodged on its own.

Everyone I asked for help either gave me inane, obvious answers like MrBill above, or tried to convince me to send the phone in for service. I’m really glad I didn’t do that, because it would have been expensive, and it ultimately wasn’t necessary. So if you’re having the same problem, my advice is give it a week or two before paying money for repairs, because the problem might resolve itself.

iphone xs power button stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.