Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot type messages in messenger through my watch

I just got my watch two days back and I am already facing problems with it. Whenevr I try to write messages through a messenger on my watch, it gives me a message saying that "Enter text on your apple watch using your ios keyboard." and it pops up notification on my phone. Is anyone facing same problem? The keyboard works fine for messages.

How do I solve it?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 9:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 4:29 PM

Hi there angeela23,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Thanks for reaching out to us with this concern that you are having with your new Apple Watch. The message you are seeing is expected when typing out a message on the watch. The notification can be disabled by going to Settings > Notifications > Apple Watch Keyboard. You can get more info on sending messages from the Appel Watch here:

Send messages from Apple Watch

Are you only seeing the pop-up on your iPhone, or are you unable to use the keyboard on the Apple Watch at all? We look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 4:29 PM in response to angeela23

Hi there angeela23,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Thanks for reaching out to us with this concern that you are having with your new Apple Watch. The message you are seeing is expected when typing out a message on the watch. The notification can be disabled by going to Settings > Notifications > Apple Watch Keyboard. You can get more info on sending messages from the Appel Watch here:

Send messages from Apple Watch

Are you only seeing the pop-up on your iPhone, or are you unable to use the keyboard on the Apple Watch at all? We look forward to hearing back from you.

Have a great day!

Feb 1, 2022 1:54 PM in response to zb73

No there was not.. I got my new watch and I really didn’t like how it behaved. I contacted apple centre couple of times but they said it is how it works. But then I was not convinced because the typing thing works perfectly fine on my friend’s watch and we got the watch together. I told that it works on my friend’s watch and she replied well I don’t know and it is what it is.. I was so irritated by their response , I just ended up returning the watch.

cannot type messages in messenger through my watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.