Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get my MacBook Pro to update to the newest software and I have tried to do it through the App Store.. is there any other way I can do it?

can anyone help with updating a MacBook Pro to the newest software?

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2021 10:27 PM

EllaHiya2 Said:

"I can't get my MacBook Pro to update to the newest software and I have tried to do it through the App Store.. is there any other: way I can do it? can anyone help with updating a MacBook Pro to the newest software?"

-------

Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

I. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2021 10:27 PM in response to EllaHiya2

EllaHiya2 Said:

"I can't get my MacBook Pro to update to the newest software and I have tried to do it through the App Store.. is there any other: way I can do it? can anyone help with updating a MacBook Pro to the newest software?"

-------

Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

I. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

Dec 4, 2021 10:32 PM in response to EllaHiya2

Apple no longer offers macOS updates via the Mac App Store, all updates are now offered via Software Update only. If you're not seeing the option to update macOS via Software Update, then your MacBook Pro is running the latest version of macOS it's capable of running. The oldest MacBook Pro model capable of being updated to Monterey (macOS 12) is early 2015 and so, if your Mac is older than this, you're stuck with what you've got (that said, it is possible to download older versions of macOS, so if your Mac is capable of running a version newer than what's currently installed, see this Macworld article: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/install-old-mac-os-3679956/. To check what version of macOS your Mac can be updated to, see this article: https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/what-version-macos-compatible-3776008/).

If you need to install software which requires a newer version of macOS, then it's time to replace your computer.

I can't get my MacBook Pro to update to the newest software and I have tried to do it through the App Store.. is there any other way I can do it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.