Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t add new VIP’s

Tapping the "i" icon next to VIP in the Mail App takes me to my VIP List. When I then click “Add VIP” at bottom of my list of current VIP contacts and then search and select a new contact, it is NOT added to my VIP list. Rebooting has no effect. Any suggestions?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 4:54 PM

I'm actually quite shocked that neither Apple or anyone else out there in the world knows how to fix this! It's crazy!

I log into iCloud mail and try to add an email recipient to VIP and I get this error message:

I try again later and I get the same error message. I try days later and get the same message. I try several weeks later and get the same message. I try on my iPhone and nothing happens... I don't even get the error message... It just does nothing.

So, all of you brilliant Apple engineers out there designing the best possible user experience... are you listening to your users? This is really important to us and needs to be fixed ASAP, please!

29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 4:54 PM in response to padrepete

I'm actually quite shocked that neither Apple or anyone else out there in the world knows how to fix this! It's crazy!

I log into iCloud mail and try to add an email recipient to VIP and I get this error message:

I try again later and I get the same error message. I try days later and get the same message. I try several weeks later and get the same message. I try on my iPhone and nothing happens... I don't even get the error message... It just does nothing.

So, all of you brilliant Apple engineers out there designing the best possible user experience... are you listening to your users? This is really important to us and needs to be fixed ASAP, please!

Feb 14, 2022 8:23 PM in response to padrepete

I have the same problem that started back when I did the IOS update in October or so. I've been going back and forth with support where they've had me send them different logs from my phone to show them what's happening but still nothing has been corrected. I've been missing important emails and can't afford to have this keep going. Not sure why if many people are having the same issue, they haven't been able to solve it. Apple needs to make this a priority! I am wasting so much time having to scroll through thousands of garbage emails to try to avoid missing important business emails but it still happens and I don't have the time to keep wasting on this!

Feb 15, 2022 12:24 AM in response to Joseph D'Alessandro Jr.

Joseph D'Alessandro Jr. wrote:

Apple Engineering does not read these forums, they are for receiving help from fellow Apple users.

Please contact Apple Support directly:

Contact - Official Apple Support

Jan 8, 2022 7:29 PM in response to padrepete

I’m having the exact same problem and it’s driving me crazy trying to fix it. It started happening a few months ago after upgrading to iOS 15.

I tried restarting my iPhone … didn’t fix anything.

I really need this feature to work because I use it all the time to help me find important emails.

Someone out their must know how to fix it?

Please help!

Can’t add new VIP’s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.