Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate contacts on iPhone even after merging on Mac

Every contact on my iPhone is duplicating, some up to 30 times. I’ve merged them on the contacts app on my Mac ensuring 'all contacts' was selected, and removed all duplicates but it’s made no difference on my iPhone or indeed iCloud (which I've checked by logging in through the browser on my Mac). I’ve been into contacts on the phone and swiped down to refresh multiple times. Any help is appreciated. It happens to new contacts within hours.

ipuone 11

iOS 15.1

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 1:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 1:40 AM

You may have the same contacts in multiple email accounts. Either remove the contacts from the rarely used email account or disable contacts from the rarely used mail account in the Mail app.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 1:40 AM in response to Tex Gore

You may have the same contacts in multiple email accounts. Either remove the contacts from the rarely used email account or disable contacts from the rarely used mail account in the Mail app.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Duplicate contacts on iPhone even after merging on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.