Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't open apps or turn off

My iphone x will not turn off, & I can’t open any apps, not even settings. It won’t let me use buttons on the side to force a shutdown either. I can still swipe from screen to screen, just can’t open anything...

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 6:37 AM

Hi Emmzyfrosh1,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with your frozen iPhone X.

A force restart should resolve this: Force restart iPhone.

Be sure you are following the steps for your model:

"Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button."

If it still isn't working, there could be a problem with the buttons: If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad.

Have a fantastic day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2021 6:37 AM in response to Emmzyfrosh1

Hi Emmzyfrosh1,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with your frozen iPhone X.

A force restart should resolve this: Force restart iPhone.

Be sure you are following the steps for your model:

"Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button."

If it still isn't working, there could be a problem with the buttons: If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad.

Have a fantastic day!

iPhone won't open apps or turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.