Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of my notes are gone!

Today, I was looking through my apps and accidentally clicked into my "notes" app. I keep all of my passwords and important information there. However, none were there. All of my notes are gone. I checked the "Recently Deleted" file, but nothing was there. Also, my notes aren't on iCloud (I don't know why). What should I do?!!! How to fix it??? And quick, because I have a lot of things to do with the things in there!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 7:04 AM

I think something happened and they got permanently deleted since it appears you tried to recovery recently deleted notes using:

Delete and recover notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If so then they are likely gone unless you have a local backup you can recovery them from.

As a test can you create a note on your Mac and have it appear in iCloud?

Do you recall if the notes were in Icloud before?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 7:04 AM in response to Hakotoro

I think something happened and they got permanently deleted since it appears you tried to recovery recently deleted notes using:

Delete and recover notes on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If so then they are likely gone unless you have a local backup you can recovery them from.

As a test can you create a note on your Mac and have it appear in iCloud?

Do you recall if the notes were in Icloud before?

Dec 5, 2021 6:01 AM in response to Hakotoro

Hakotoro wrote:

Today, I was looking through my apps and accidentally clicked into my "notes" app. I keep all of my passwords and important information there. However, none were there. All of my notes are gone. I checked the "Recently Deleted" file, but nothing was there. Also, my notes aren't on iCloud (I don't know why). What should I do?!!! How to fix it??? And quick, because I have a lot of things to do with the things in there!

reference

https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/notes-on-icloudcom-overview-mm6704cac5/icloud

All of my notes are gone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.