My notes are all gone and not even on the cloud. Where did they go??

When I went into my NOTES app on apple it was empty. I went to iCloud back up and empty. Where did it go??

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2023 8:04 PM

Pumulla62 Said:

"My notes are all gone and not even on the cloud. Where did they go??: When I went into my NOTES app on apple it was empty. I went to iCloud back up and empty. Where did it go??"

-------

Recovering Lost Notes:

If you have lost the Notes, then here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup. Note that the iOS backup version must be of the same version as what is installed.

C. Getting Notes from iCloud:

You Can't: Notes are not stored in iCloud.

• Go Here: What does iCloud Back Up? - Apple Support
  • As it Reads: "your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes,"
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2023 8:04 PM in response to Pumulla62

Pumulla62 Said:

"My notes are all gone and not even on the cloud. Where did they go??: When I went into my NOTES app on apple it was empty. I went to iCloud back up and empty. Where did it go??"

-------

Recovering Lost Notes:

If you have lost the Notes, then here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup. Note that the iOS backup version must be of the same version as what is installed.

C. Getting Notes from iCloud:

You Can't: Notes are not stored in iCloud.

• Go Here: What does iCloud Back Up? - Apple Support
  • As it Reads: "your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes,"

My notes are all gone and not even on the cloud. Where did they go??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.