Notes disappeared

Went to open my Notes app and almost all my notes were gone. Only 5 were left. I probably had at least 50 notes or more and they are all gone except 5. I don’t think they were backed up on iCloud. Can’t find them. Can anyone help?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 8:31 PM

Notes-disappeared Said:

"Notes disappeared: Went to open my Notes app and almost all my notes were gone. Only 5 were left. I probably had at least 50 notes or more and they are all gone except 5. I don’t think they were backed up on iCloud. Can’t find them. Can anyone help?"

-------

Recovering Lost Notes:

Some ideas to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup.

C. iCloud in Settings: Look in iCloud settings in each device, and make sure that Notes is clicked. If it is, then unclick it, and then click it again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 8:31 PM in response to Notes-disappeared

Notes-disappeared Said:

"Notes disappeared: Went to open my Notes app and almost all my notes were gone. Only 5 were left. I probably had at least 50 notes or more and they are all gone except 5. I don’t think they were backed up on iCloud. Can’t find them. Can anyone help?"

-------

Recovering Lost Notes:

Some ideas to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup.

C. iCloud in Settings: Look in iCloud settings in each device, and make sure that Notes is clicked. If it is, then unclick it, and then click it again.

Sep 11, 2023 8:19 PM in response to Notes-disappeared

Notes-disappeared Said:

-------

Troubleshooting Notes Gone Missing:

The deletion of notes after installing the iOS16.6.1 update seems to be a common phenomenon posted on these forums today, yet there is no report of it in the System Status: Apple - Support - System Status

So, Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed. Apple will know nothing of this, if you don't report it.

To Provide Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when this all began, and that that you’ve seen others reporting this on these forums. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Notes disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.